Friday, May 15, 2009

Blog Schedule, Next Book, Ideas, and Meeting?

Well, I added a Book Club Schedule so everyone has a guideline for where to be when we discuss the book. When we get to those dates, I'll let everyone know and we can discuss how ever much we've read. It's okay if you haven't gotten as far as the schedule says by then. Don't worry if you've read past it either; it's just a rough indication of where you should be.

I decided since this first book has been announced on such short notice, I'll tell everyone what book we're reading next so that everyone will have enough time to find it. It is:
Small Miracles of the Holocaust

Another thing:
If anyone has any ideas for stuff on the blog, I would love to hear them. Any book quotes that I could use for the blog description under the header? Any ideas for what I could put in the leave you comments area? Most of you who run blogs know what I mean, the usual customizing. I would enjoy any ideas or input. Also, if you know anymore interesting stuff we could put in the side bar, I'd appreciate it.

One more thing:
Is anyone interested in meetings? I know not many people in town have joined the club, but I know a few more people that will probably join in when we tell them about it. Let us know if it's an option for you. When might you be able to make it? Where might you like to meet? I'm not sure if we'll end up meeting regularly, but if we could, it would be fun.

8 comments:

TwiceBorn said...

If anyone is nervous about not being able to keep up, just read two chapters a day and you'll be fine.

~Kluane said...

Oh....The Children from Nowhere by George Guthridge has some bad words in it...just in case you didn't know that.

~Kluane said...

Oh...and did you know that three of the Rosemary Sutcliff books are kind of sequals to each other?

Noah said...

I guess I am not an official follower of the book club, mostly because I don't have the time and it is really difficult to get books over hear. Nevertheless I might follow the discussions, specially if I've read the book.
Anyway, I would second the nomination to read "Why they hate" (of course I am biased, being intensely related to the subject matter). I would also recommend two other books: "A Bridge over the river Kwai" (aka To End All Wars) and "The Heart of Darkness". Just suggestions, take them or leave them

Chord said...

Hey wait i do have a suggestion. I think we should read The Red Badge of Courage, by Stephen Crane. And if anyone knows any good sci fi classics if you could tell me, even if we cant read them in the book club.

Samuel Hammett said...

I haven't come up with any suggestions yet, but I am planning on reading and participating. I'll try to come up with some suggestions soon.

Jackie said...

So far these are some amazing stories of survival! I couldn't imagine living in those days.
This book is temporarily available to read online. Go to:

http://books.google.com/books?id=Z17buure6icC&dq=small+miracles+of+the+holocaust&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=DR9M9Lu0OS&sig=R9BIdC6bbG23M2I7WLaaDZLEcxE&hl=en&ei=M2sVSpGEH42stgekoqzbDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9

Jackie said...

Woops the full address cut off...just go to google books
:)